If you’ve visited our website recently, you’ve probably noticed a little addition to the homepage: the customer testimonials page! We receive so much feedback here at DeVoe Buick GMC in our sales and services departments, and wanted to share some with you. We can’t thank you enough for the reviews and encouragement. You are the reason why we do what we do. We love walking the car lot with you, answering questions, and helping you find the car that suits you best. So again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your encouraging words, and we look forward to serving you for another 40 years!
You may have seen a recent GMC commercial featuring the song “Two Story House” by a Mr. George Jones. In a nutshell, this commercial is a time-lapse of sorts, displaying GMC vehicles in front of a nice country house in three different phases: planning, construction, and living. Now, we understand this commercial is just a cute 30-second clip and you may not get too much out of it, but we’ve realized something through this commercial. The engineers at GMC have created a vehicle for every lifestyle out there. Whether you’re a soccer mom shuttling the kids around in an Acadia, or a construction worker driving a Sierra 3500HD Denali to and from the worksite, GMC had you and your needs in mind when they developed the GMC fleet. Swing by DeVoe Buick GMC if you want to check out the entire fleet for yourself.
And if you wanted to see the commerical for yourself, here it is. Enjoy!
One of the most dangerous hazards out their driving on the road with you is actually yourself! Last year, according to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) falling asleep while driving caused 100,000 reported crashes. Those crashes resulted in 1,500 deaths and 71,000 injuries.
Our goal, here at DeVoe Buick GMC, is not only to provide you reliable new and used vehicles, but also to help you stay safe on the road. We recently found an article in the New York Daily News that highlighted some very useful tips to fight off fatigue when you are behind the wheel.
- When you feel sleeping taking over, don’t try to fight it; pull over for a quick refresher nap or switch drivers if you have people with you.
- If you are going on a road trip, take people with you! Having company to play road games, to talk to or even to share the driving responsibilities with is a huge help.
- Make sure you have some extra cash in case you need to stop off at a hotel for the night.
- Pack snacks for your long drive, but avoid eating heavy meals.
- Try to drive at times when you would normally be awake.
- Stop at rest areas to take a break and refresh. Many of them offer drinks or snacks and sometimes have great scenic views.
Next time you head out on the road, make sure you are well rested and keep these tips in mind.
Last week in our blog we posted a video about the all new 2013 Buick Encore Luxury Crossover. This video, which can be seen if you scroll down to the next blog, featured the fine craftsmanship, luxurious details, and huge storage space in the Encore. But what it didn’t mention is the fuel efficiency of this new crossover.
Just yesterday, GM announced that the Encore, with an EPA-estimated 25 mpg city, 33 mpg highway and a combined 28 mpg fuel economy, is the most fuel-efficient crossover from a domestic automaker. In other words, the Buick Encore comes in with a better combined fuel economy than the competition – the Ford Escape (combined 26 mpg) and the Jeep Compass (combined 25 mpg).
This really shouldn’t come as any surprise considering the Encore was designed from the start to be a market leader in fuel efficiency. For example, the Encore is designed to run on regular gasoline instead of premium fuel, unlike the Compass and Escape. In addition, Buick engineers developed the structure of the Encore is such a way that it would be both safer and lighter, and thus more fuel efficient.
Jim Danahy, the vehicle chief engineer, sums it up best. “Right from its inception, Encore was designed to offer customers the safety and comfort expected of any Buick, but with an added emphasis on space and fuel efficiency. We did things like specify one optimized wheel and tire package to ensure that every customer has the best driving experience possible.”
The 2013 Buick Encore will be available at DeVoe Buick GMC in early 2013.
The stylish 2013 Buick Encore is changing the game when it comes to luxury crossover SUV’s. No longer are Buick’s just for your grandparents to get across town a few times a week. Featuring Intellilink and USB connectivity, these finely crafted pieces of machinery are on the cutting edge.
Check out the all new 2013 Buick Encore in the video below.
We’re excited for its arrival early next year. Give us a call at 877-208-2963 for more details, or swing by our local Naples dealership to speak with one of our friendly dealers.
Originally, our Teacher Appreciation offer was scheduled to end August 11th; however, due to the great amount of participation and excitement generated through this event, we have decided to extend the offer to the 18th!
This means that all teachers and administrative staff in Collier County have a few more days to come in and get an oil change for only $16.95. Also, remember to share our Facebook page because we’re donating $5 per new fan to The Education Foundation of Collier County!
That’s right! This week is Teacher Appreciation week and DeVoe wants to show how thankful we are for teachers by offering a special deal to all the teachers of Collier County. This week only, Collier County teachers can come in and get their oil changed for only $16.95. It’s our little way of saying “thanks” for playing such an important role in so many young peoples lives.
Also, if you become a fan of the DeVoe Automotive Facebook page between now and August 19th, we will donate $5 to the Education Foundation of Collier County to help unprivileged students buy school supplies!
Let’s start sharing!
More often than not, we find ourselves getting behind the wheel of our cars without thinking twice about the dangers of the road, or the condition of my car. However, the American Medical Association recently compiled a nice list of things to consider before driving.
- Plan your trips ahead of time. You may not have time to check traffic and weather conditions, but at the very least, have an idea of where you’re going. Flipping through the directions on your iPhone isn’t exactly the safest thing to do while cruising at 60 mph.
- Wear your safety belt. It’s so easy to forget this little strap, but it could save your life. And just a side note: no one thinks you’re tougher if you don’t wear a seat belt.
- Don’t speed. Sure, there may be times where you have to go a few miles per hour above the speed limit to get past that semi, but most of the time it’s a lot safer to just follow the speed limits – they’re there for a reason.
- Keep enough distance between you and the car ahead of you. For city driving, follow the three second rule. For highway driving, make sure there’s five seconds between you and the driver in front of you.
- Always double check your blind spots. Don’t just assume there’s nothing behind there.
Everyone knows the best thing to invest in is yourself, and the best way to do that is to start with your education. With tuition rising every year, many high school students may find themselves discouraged when they start thinking about college, but that is why DeVoe Automotive Group is here to help.
In 1970, Mr. Richard DeVoe himself started a scholarship program for high school graduates. Since then, DeVoe has give out $2 million worth of scholarships to students throughout the area. This year, we are happy to announce, we are giving out $12,000 scholarships to 10 lucky high school graduates.
We have evaluated 100s of students from several different high schools in the area and finally came out with our top 10 recipients. These students were selected based on personal interviews, test scores, overall GPA, life goals and motivations.
Our staff, here at DeVoe Buick GMC, would like to congratulate the following students:
- Aysegul Ozturk – Lely High School
- Sergio Alvarez – Golden Gate High School
- Lacey Pearson – Naples High School
- Patrick McPhee – Gulf Coast High School
- Rebecca DePrisco – Palmetto Ridge High School
- Daniel Barnebee – Barron Collier High School
- Stephanie Spear – Barron Collier High School
- Marcos Gonzalez – Immokalee High School
- Daniel Guzman-Ramos – Immokalee High School
- Daniela Salazar – Lorenzo Walker High School
At the reveal of the 2013 Buick Enclave, Buick’s VP of Marketing Tony DiSalle had a few words to say about how far the Enclave has come over the years. According to DiSalle, “We sold more Enclaves last year than we ever have before. That told us that consumers are continuing to discover this wonderful vehicle.” Di Salle goes on to say, “The 2013 Enclave is absolutely gorgeous. You can see the sophisticated elegant exterior and beautiful sculptured design, evolving the design that really brought the renaissance of the Buick brand home with the introduction of the first Enclave 5 years ago.” Check out the video below to see it for yourself: